Cochlear Implant Surgery in India
Reconnect with missed sounds, Talk on the phone, Converse with people across meeting tables, in restaurants, Enjoy Music, Feel safer in the world with Cochlear Implants Surgery in India.
If you or your loved one has been devoid of hearing the beautiful sounds around you, you have now the solution. Cochlear Implant surgery in India is not only very successful, but quite affordable.
India has now become the most preferred destination for cochlear implants surgery. Not only the cochlear implant surgery cost in India is low, the success rate of cochlear implants at best cochlear implant hospitals in India is at par with the world's best success rate for cochlear implants.
The equipment and technology used at these best cochlear implant hospitals in India is the most sophisticated technology available in the world, which results in higher success rate, low cost and convenience.
It is important to note that a cochlear implant provides a deaf person with a useful representation of sounds in the environment to help him or her understand them and does not restore normal hearing.
What is a Cochlear Implant?
A cochlear implant (CI) is a surgically implanted electronic device that provides a sense of sound to a person who is profoundly deaf or severely hard of hearing or has not received any benefit from hearing aids. The cochlear implant is often referred to as a bionic ear.
Cochlear Implant has two parts:
External Part- which includes a microphone, speech processor and a transmitter.
Internal Part (Implanted surgically into the ear)- A receiver stimulating system fixed to the skull behind the ear and electrodes inserted in the cochlea.
Candidates for Cochlear Implant
Both adults and children are candidates for cochlear implants. Few factors need to be considered before deciding the candidacy. The audiologist and the ENT surgeon decide the best candidates. However, the following can undergo cochlear implant surgery after an evaluation by the team:
- Adults with speech but became deaf due to injury, illness or ototoxicity. The deafness must be of sensorineural type (i.e. a hearing impairment of the inner ear resulting from damage to the sensory hair cells or to the nerves that supply the inner ear) affecting both the ears and the hearing aid must have been used (adults) for a period of 3 - 6 months with very little or no help.
- Should have a functioning auditory nerve.
- Should not have any medical reason to avoid surgery.
Children are candidates if :
- They are congenitally deaf with speech disability.
- If they acquired some speech but lost the sense of hearing following head injury, viral illness or meningitis etc.
What does a Cochlear Implant do?
The cochlear implants bypass damaged portions of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. Signals generated by the implant are sent by way of the auditory nerve to the brain, which recognizes the signals as sound.
Hearing through a cochlear implant is different from normal hearing and takes time to learn or relearn. However, it allows many people to recognize warning signals, understand other sounds in the environment, and go to a regular school and enjoy a conversation in person or by telephone.
IndiCure's affiliate team of Cochlear Implant Surgery in India
The success of a cochlear implant surgery is based on team work. Our associate hospitals are considered to be the best hospitals for cochlear implants in India and have a highly specialized and fully trained multidisciplinary team of medical professionals which consists of:
- ENT surgical team
- Neuro psychologist
- Speech Therapist
Cochlear Implant Surgery in India- Step by Step
Screening and Pre Operative Work Up
Audiological assessment and trial with hearing aids is done to assess the severity of the hearing loss, level of speech and language. We also perform scanning of ears and brain by CT and MRI to see the structure and condition of inner ear and hearing nerves. Thorough check up by physician and paediatrician ( in case of children) is done before the patient is taken for surgery to make sure that there are no chances of any complications.
Switching on the implant
Activation of the implant takes place two to three weeks after implantation, allowing enough time for the incision to heal properly. Following this the implant is 'programmed' or 'mapped'. Mapping is done on a regular basis during postoperative rehabilitation to fine-tune the processor and get the best performance as the patient gets used to hearing with the implant.
Post Operative Rehabilitation
Cochlear Implantation Programme begins with the surgical implantation of the device. There is an extensive period of post operative rehabilitation. This is a very crucial period where the patient, parents (of the patient), audiologist, speech therapist and our team of Junior and Senior ENT Surgeons work together in rehabilitating the hearing deprived patient to sound and speech.
Why should you choose to get Cochlear Implant Surgery in India
- Indian doctors are known all over the world for their skill and knowledge and have the experience of studying and working at the best hospitals in the world.
- Cochlear implant hospitals in India are now equipped with the latest and high end technology.
- Doctors, nurses and hospital staff are English speaking, and thus no language barrier. Translators are available, if you cannot speak or understand English.
- Hospitals in India are designed to provide complete patient care and care for the attendants- coffee lounges, money changers, travel desks, wi-fi zones etc.
- Cost of cochlear implant surgery in India at best cochlear implant hospitals in India is very low as compared to cochlear implant at best hospitals in America or UK with the same level of care and services.
Reasons you should choose IndiCure for cochlear implant surgery in India
- Most reputable medical tourism company.
- Our experience has helped number of patients for cochlear implant in India.
- No service cost to patients.
- We help you choose the best cochlear implant surgeons in India.
- Help you in connecting with the top cochlear implant surgeons in India via phone, videoconferencing for your confidence.
- Priority scheduling of your treatment in India.
- Negotiated prices with best cochlear implants hospitals in India.
- Free assistance for visa, airport transfers, stay arrangement after discharge from the hospital.
Package Cost of Cochlear Implant Surgery in India
Package cost for Total Hip Replacement Surgery in India:
The package cost of cochlear implant surgery in Indiais around $5000-$6000
This includes pre surgery tests, work up, surgery, and stay at the hospital for 2 nights, medicines, nursing care and airport transfers.
The cost of implant varies between $12,000 to $ 25,000 depending on the type of implant chosen. Selection of the type implant is done by the Specialist/ Surgeon after the Pre Surgery tests are done.
Frequently asked Questions about Cochlear Implant Surgery in India
How long is the waiting period for cochlear implant surgery in India?
There is no waiting period at all for cochlear implant surgery in India. IndiCure ensures that you get the admission and surgery at priority. While you prepare your trip for cochlear implant surgery to India, we make sure that all appointments with the surgeon are fixed, surgery room booked, stay arrangements are done so that the procedure can be started immediately upon your arrival in India for liver transplant surgery.
How many days do the patient will have to stay in India?
The patient normally requires about One and a half months in India which includes pre transplant evaluation and preparation, implant placement and rehabilitation.
Where would the patient stay after discharge from the hospital? How much would that cost?
Our association with various hotels, guest houses and serviced apartments in India allow us to offer you a variety and range of accommodation options according to your taste and budget. It can cost you between $50-150 per night depending upon your preference and budget.
What are the requirements for travelling to India for cochlear implant operation in India?
You need a medical visa to enter India, for which you need a passport valid for next six months. IndiCure shall send a letter to the Indian Consulate in your country which shall help you get medical visa on a priority basis.
How to begin to have cochlear implant in India?
You need to fill in the inquiry form along with your contact details. All medical reports of the patient need to be e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
We shall guide you step by step for cochlear operation in India after you send us the inquiry form.
How can the payment be made? To whom?
The payment is to be made to the hospital directly and can be made in cash (major currencies like USD, pounds, euros etc are also accepted), traveller's cheques, credit cards or wire transfer.
How much does IndiCure charge for its services?
We do not charge anything from the patient for cochlear implant surgery in India. Our fees comes from the fees we charge the hospitals for marketing their services abroad.