Knee surgery at Best Knee replacement hospitals in India
India has become the favourite destination for people looking for affordable knee joint replacement or affordable knee treatment abroad without compromising on the quality of care and services. India offers great and unique advantages for knee replacement surgery.
IndiCure associated best knee replacement hospitals in India offer a comprehensive range of knee surgical options at affordable prices. Few of the knee surgery options at these best orthopaedic hospitals in India are listed below:
Total Knee Replacement Surgery in India
Total Knee replacement is the best treatment for arthritis when all other conservative treatments like medicine, physiotherapy etc have failed to relieve the patient of disabling knee pain. During a total knee replacement, the surgeon removes the damaged cartilage and bone from the surface of your knee and replaces them with man- made surface of metal and plastic.
The surgery is performed under general anaesthesia and takes about 2-3 hours. An 8-12 inch incision is made in the front of the knee and the artificial joint is attached to the femur or thigh bone with special material.
Minimally Invasive knee Replacement
Minimally invasive surgery has revolutionized knee replacement surgery as well as many fields of medicine. Its key characteristic is that it uses specialized techniques and instruments to enable the surgeon to perform major surgery without a large incision.
Minimally invasive knee joint replacement requires a much smaller incision, 3 to 5 inches, versus the standard approach and incision. The smaller, less invasive approaches result in less tissue damage by allowing the surgeon to work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles instead of requiring an incision through the tendon. It may lead to less pain, decreased recovery time and better motion due to less scar tissue formation.
The results of total knee replacement are very gratifying. One can enjoy an active lifestyle after the surgery free of pain.
Partial Knee Replacement
Partial knee replacement or Uni-compartmental knee replacement is an option for patients with osteoarthritis of a part of the knee joint. In a uni-compartmental knee replacement, only the damaged compartment is replaced with metal and plastic.
This is ideal for the younger patient in the 40's or 50's with uni-compartmental arthritis and this could be the first knee replacement for this patient (postponing TKR by fifteen years).
It could also be the last knee replacement for the very elderly patient after 80. It is also known as Uni-condylar or Uni- compartmental knee replacement surgery.
Simultaneous Bilateral Knee Replacement- Both Knee Replacement Surgery
Simultaneous knee replacement or bilateral knee replacement means both knees are replaced at the same surgery, in one day. With advanced technology and minimally invasive knee replacement techniques, it is possible to perform simultaneous knee replacement in many patients.
The benefit of simultaneous knee replacement is less cost, one time and lesser stay at the hospital, one time anaesthesia, lesser and one time rehabilitation. The surgeon decides the candidacy of the patient if he/ she is suitable for both knee replacement at the same time.
Revision Knee Replacement
Our network of best orthopaedic hospitals in India also offers revision knee replacement surgery with the most advanced prosthesis. Revision knee replacement surgery is performed by Computer Assisted Surgery .
Technology and Implants used at our network of Best knee joint replacement hospitals in India
Laminar Air Flow in Operation Theatres
Our network of joint replacement hospitals in India have operation theatres built according to international specifications using ultra-clean laminar air flow system. Laminar air flow allows best standards of infection control and thus there have been no chances of infection in these hospitals for knee replacement surgery.
Computer Navigation System
In computer assisted Knee Replacement, the computer guides the surgeon in precisely planning the exact amount and angle of bone to be removed during surgery. This, in conventional method is done by simple eye-balling.
This technology helps to perform the surgery through small incision (Minimally Invasive Surgery) with 100% precision, eliminating "Human Error" during surgery and helps in perfectly aligning and balancing of knee joint (with accuracy of 0.5 mm and 0.5 degrees). It also helps in increasing implant longevity (20-30 years).
- Advanced Diagnostics and Support Infrastructure - 256 slice CT , High end MRI, PET scan
- Best quality prosthesis and implants with customisation
Gender Specific implants-
Because of anatomical difference between men and women, the implants and prosthesis used for men and women for knee replacement implants are designed based on an average size of women's and men's knees. These customise implants for knee replacement surgery offer better results especially for women as it is specifically designed for their needs.
Hi- flex implants-
A High flexion knee or full bend knee replacement allows bending to 155 degrees and is a boon to patients seeking increased function after knee replacement. The hi flex knees allow activities which are not possible after conventional knee replacement. This includes kneeling, squatting, gardening etc.
Super specialized rehabilitation services
Our network of joint replacement surgery hospitals in India offer super specialised rehabilitation services after joint replacement including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, hydrotherapy and other disciplines, which help the patient have a smooth journey post their joint replacement surgery and also helps them to return back to normal activity at the earliest after the surgery.
Why should you choose to get knee replacement surgery in India?
- Best knee replacement surgeons in India have an experience of performing more than 10000 joint replacement surgeries.
- Best knee replacement surgery hospitals in India having the latest technology like Computer Navigation, 64 slice CT, High end MRI, Neuro-navigation surgical systems, Neuro-physiology etc.
- Cost of knee replacement surgery in India is less than a 1/6th of cost of joint replacement surgery in USA, UK or Europe with finest quality implants, prosthesis and consumables.
- Specialized Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation services help the patient to return back to normal activity quickly after the surgery.
- Doctors, nurses and hospital staff are English speaking, and thus no language barrier.
- Best knee replacement hospitals in India are designed to provide complete patient care and care for the attendants- coffee lounges, money changers, travel desks, wi-fi zones etc.
Reasons you should choose IndiCure for knee replacement in India
- Most reputable medical tourism company.
- Our experience has helped number of patients for knee replacement surgery in India.
- No service cost to patients.
- We help you choose the best knee replacement surgeon in India.
- Help you in connecting with the treating doctor via phone, videoconferencing for your confidence.
- Priority scheduling of your treatment in India.
- Negotiated prices with best knee replacement hospitals in India.
- Free assistance for visa, airport transfers, stay arrangement after discharge from the hospital.
Package Cost for Knee Replacement Surgery at Best Joint Replacement Surgery Hospitals in India
Package cost for Knee Replacement Surgery in India at Top knee replacement hospitals in India:
1. Unilateral - ONE KNEE - 5500 US Dollars
2. Bilateral - BOTH KNEES - 10000 US Dollars
The cost includes stay in a deluxe room at the hospital, where a companion can stay with the patient, nursing care, surgeon's fees, medicines and consumables, patient's food and airport pick up and drop back.