Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Gall bladder removal surgery) in India
Cholecystectomy or Gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly performed surgeries in the world. With advancement of technology, Cholecystectomy can now be performed laparoscopically and thus called Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.
Gall bladder is a small pear shaped organ beneath the liver, whose main function is to collect and concentrate the digestive juice called bile produced by the liver. When you eat, bile is released from the gall bladder into the intestine and aids in digestion.
Gall Bladder Problems
Problem in gall bladder usually arise because of the gall stones.
Gall stones or gall bladder stones are small hard masses of cholesterol or bile salts that form in the gall bladder or bile duct. These stones block the flow of bile out of the gall bladder causing it to swell and thus resulting in abdominal pain, indigestion and vomiting. It can even cause jaundice if the gall stones block the common bile duct.
Removal of gall bladder has proven to be the safest and most rewarding treatment by far to treat gall bladder problems.
Cholecystectomy (Removal of Gall Bladder)
There are two main techniques of removing a gallbladder- Open Cholecystectomy and laparoscopic (keyhole) Cholecystectomy.
In open Cholecystectomy the gallbladder is removed through one large incision, which is called open surgery. It is a more invasive than keyhole surgery and thus the stay at the hospital and recovery time is longer. Open surgery is now done only when it is not safe to do a laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.
Laparoscopic (keyhole) Cholecystectomy
This is now the most commonly performed procedures for the removal of gallbladder. The procedure involves using a tiny camera and surgical instruments which are inserted through small incisions in the abdomen to remove gall bladder.
Adavantages of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- 3-4 tiny incisions instead of a seven inch incision.
- Minimum pain after the surgery
- Shorter hospital stay and faster recovery
- Quick return to normal activities after the surgery
Candidates for Laparoscopic Cholcystectomy
Though there are many advantages of undergoing Cholecystectomy laparoscopically, not everyone is a candidate for it. The surgery cannot be done on patients with pre existing medical conditions or who have had previous abdominal surgery. A laparoscopic surgeon can advise if you are a candidate for laparoscopic Cholecystectomy after a thorough medical evaluation.
Procedure for Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy is done under general anaesthesia and takes about 2 hours. The surgeon inserts a lighted scope attached to a video camera (laparoscope) into one incision near the belly button. The surgeon then uses a video monitor as a guide while inserting surgical instruments into the other incisions to remove the gallbladder.
After surgery, bile flows from the liver (where it is made) through the common bile duct and into the small intestine. Because the gallbladder has been removed, the body can no longer store bile between meals. In most people, this has little or no effect on digestion.
Recovery after Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
You may need to stay at the hospital for 1 or 2 days. Most people can return to their normal activities in 7 to 10 days. People who have laparoscopic gallbladder surgery are sore for about a week. But in 2 to 3 weeks they have much less discomfort than people who have open surgery. No special diets or other precautions are needed after surgery.
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy in India
IndiCure associated best laparoscopic hospitals in India offer laparoscopic Cholecystectomy surgery with best surgeons in India at affordable prices.
Benefit from the expertise of most renowned and top laparoscopic surgeons in India doing Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy at best hospitals in India.
Why you should get laparoscopic Cholecystectomy surgery in India
- Indian doctors are known all over the world for their skill and knowledge and have the experience of studying and working at the best laparoscopy hospitals in the world.
- Laparoscopy Hospitals in India are now equipped with the latest and high end technology.
- Doctors, nurses and hospital staff are English speaking, and thus no language barrier. Translators are available, if you cannot speak or understand English.
- Hospitals in India are designed to provide complete patient care and care for the attendants- coffee lounges, money changers, travel desks, wi-fi zones etc.
- Best Medicines and drugs are produced in India and exported all over the world. The cost of thus best medicines and drugs in India is thus much less.
- Cost of laparoscopy surgery in India at best laparoscopy hospitals in India is very low as compared to the cost best hospitals in America or UK with the same level of care and services.
- Most advanced Technology Infrastructure - Blood Bank with 24 hour apharesis facility, advanced laboratory and microbiology (infection control) support, advanced cardiology, DSA and interventionalradiology, portable and colour ultra-sonology, Liver Fibro-scan, 64 slice CT scanner, 3 T MRI, PET-CT and nephrology (including 24 hour dialysis and CVVHD).
Why should you choose to get Laparoscopy Cholecystectomy surgery in India with IndiCure:
- Most reputable medical tourism company
- Our experience has helped number of patients for laparoscopy surgery in India
- No service cost to patients.
- We help you choose the best laparoscopy surgeons in India
- Help you in connecting with the treating doctor via phone, videoconferencing for your confidence.
- Priority scheduling of your treatment in India.
- Negotiated prices with best laparoscopy surgeons and hospitals
- Free assistance for visa, airport transfers, stay arrangement after discharge from the hospital.